Thank you for showing an interest in fundraising for Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation UK. The money you help raise for PMSF UK goes directly to improving the lives of those living with PMS, including to help fund research about the syndrome.
There are so many ways you can support us and we hope some ideas will inspire you! Anything you do will make a real difference to our families now and in the future. You don’t need to think big, any way you can raise small amounts of money is really important to us as, every penny counts and it .
Fantastic events have taken place across the UK to raise money in aid of PMSF UK. These events have ranged from a fun day at a children’s nursery, a raffle held in a grandparent’s place of work, a mum zip wiring in Bangor, a hairdressing competition in Preston, half marathons in Brentwood and Liverpool, plus two supporters from the UK completing the New York City Marathon.
- Why not organise a bike ride and turn into a sponsored event?
- Hold a Bingo evening, charging a fee per game.
- Cake sales are a great way to raise money and are yummy too.
- Why not get fit and complete an organised run? 2km or 22km…
- Walk with work friends and donate your petrol or transport fee for that day.
- Show off your skills in a sponsored shoot out, with a little more practice England could be great at penalties…
- Donate what you would have spent going out and have some fun at home.
- Get together your unused items and sell them for charity.
- If you work sat down at a desk, get your colleagues to sponsor you to stand up for the whole day.
- The children could walk around the school playground 22 times.
- Work with a restaurant to donate a percentage of turnover on a themed night.
- Complete an adrenalin sponsored activity such as a zip wire or bungee jump.
- Ask if you can have a fancy dress day at school with a donation to PMSF UK.
- Rather than receiving a gift for a Birthday or Anniversary, donate money to PMSF UK.
- Give the money you earn to PMSF UK.
- Get friends and family or local businesses to donate prizes and raffle them off or have an auction night.
- Swim 22 widths/lengths/metres/kilometres for PMSF UK. Get sponsored per length… or per KM!
- Organise a charity golf or football match.
- Sell wrist bands, t-shirts and bags to your friends and enemies. Check out the shop on our website!
- Join Easy Fundraising for PMSF UK and earn while you shop, it’s easy peasy!
- Challenge someone to have their beard, moustache or head shaved!
- Every penny counts, use our Just Giving page to donate whatever you can. Thank you!
Check out our see photos from previous events!